Subject: Re: installing openoffice-bin
To: segv <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2005 12:18:52
segv <> writes:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:42:17 -0400
> "Perry E. Metzger" <> wrote:
>> openoffice-bin seems to overflow my /tmp/ in attempting to install.
>> Is there any reasonable way to tell it to use another directory to
>> unpack in?
> Assuming you have a large swap partition, you can mount /tmp as mfs
> filesytsem.

1) I already have an mfs filesystem there, and it is too small to
   manage this.
2) Yes, I could reboot with a larger one, or with /tmp/ on root, but I
   don't like the idea of having to reboot whenever I install
   openoffice -- I reinstall all my packages monthly.
3) It is unreasonable of a package to assume /tmp/ is huge.

So how does one get around this "properly"?