Subject: Re: devel/zlib question - exclusion
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/07/2005 22:00:41
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 11:24:28AM -0400, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> There's no reason to prohibit a package from building just because you
> have it built-in on the system.  The zlib/builtin.mk file just helps the
> pkgsrc infrastructure use either the built-in zlib or the pkgsrc zlib
> when building *other* packages.

To reiterate this. Both zlib and libiconv are builtins on DragonFly. For
both, the system libraries (libz and libc) are used. A build of any
package depending on them still wants to install them as dependency,
without actually needing them as binary package. Let me write it the
other way around, the binary package *doesn't* depend on devel/zlib or
converters/libiconv, but they are still installed, when building.

Can this be fixed?

Joerg