Subject: partial pkgsrc updates (was: Re: squid is not building)
To: None <>
From: Roland Illig <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/07/2005 10:39:03
Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Okay, as several people have indicated to me, doing a full cvs update
> of pkgsrc fixes this. Sorry for the noise...

What did you do exactly? "cvs update category/package" in the hope it
would work?

As this problem has affected more than just a few users, it would be
nice to know to the developers how these kinds of failures can be
prevented and what the users are assuming about how pkgsrc should be

I don't think package Makefiles should have
NEEDS_PKGSRC_INFRASTRUCTURE=2005-09-06T14:23 lines in it, but that would
prevent issues like this. ;)