Subject: Re: Curious deprecated option handling
To: Dieter Baron <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2005 20:26:03
-On [20050904 12:35], Dieter Baron ( wrote:
>  True, but I think the effort is be better spent on converting the
>remaining packages than improving the deprecation code (which will be
>unused once all packages have been converted).

Reread my original post again since you missed what I said initially.  The
pkgsrc INFRASTRUCTURE (pkgsrc/mk) is defining these, not the package.  Thus
it will ALWAYS fail.  Try it for fun:

for file in `find /usr/pkgsrc -name options\.mk`
	cd `dirname $file` && bmake show-options 2>&1 >> /tmp/options.log

And then try to find said option mentioned in the pkg or its dependencies.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
We're walking this earth.  We're walking this shining earth...