Subject: Re: Curious deprecated option handling
To: Amitai Schlair <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/04/2005 10:07:26
-On [20050904 01:17], Amitai Schlair ( wrote:
>The reason there's still code to deal with this variable, and the
>others you mentioned, is that people may have chosen to set them in
>mk.conf. We generally keep honoring such deprecated variables until
>after the next quarterly pkgsrc branch has been cut.

Yes, ok, I can understand that.  But at present this deprecated option
detection code will be crying wolf because it does *not* reflect the pkg's
reality (as the warning message suggests), but rather old style handling in
the pkgsrc infrastructure.
This is both misleading to users and pkg maintainers in my opinion.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
Any road leads to the end of the world...