Subject: Re: new feature for bmake: read-only variables
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2005 12:51:38
-On [20050902 04:06], Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai (asmodai@in-nomine.org) wrote:
>Mmm, this reminds me.  I need to narrow down the subtle, but fatal,
>differences still between pkgsrc bmake, and NetBSD native/sjg's bmake.  They
>do NOT behave the same in all cases.

Well, someone must've fixed the bmake show-options in recent weeks.  The
portable one from sjg now works correctly and shows the ones that are
enabled.  Previously only bootstap's bmake worked as it should.

Isn't it an option to ditch the current bootstrap/bmake, instead place sjg's
portable bmake sources there and update that every time he releases a new
release and use that?

And have devel/bmake be a pkg for making a binary pkg for OSes to install.

It would cut back on one less version of bmake to worry about.

Opinions?

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
From morning to night I stayed out of sight / Didn't recognise I'd become
No more than alive I'd barely survive / In a word, overrun...