Subject: Re: new feature for bmake: read-only variables
To: None <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2005 12:20:09
-On [20050902 06:42], Bernd Ernesti ( wrote:
>Please send this again to tech-userlevel.
>We should also sync every bmake version and not keep 3 copies, which
>have different features.

Last time I look in depth you would find bootstrap/bmake very outdated
versus the stuff that's in the base.

To be even more specific:

bootstrap/bmake's date stamp on most files is 2004 03 11

That's a time shift of over a year and a half worth of development of make.

I wonder how many people install devel/bmake after having bootstrap's bmake

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
Time is a twofold teacher, harsh and yet patient like no-one...