Subject: Re: printing with acroread7 and cups
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/01/2005 12:41:44
--qdXEecL5KnboUGfM

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:37:31PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I checked the permissions and directory names for everything under
> /emul/linux on the failing machine and one where it works.  The failing=
=20
> machine has /emul/linux/usr/pkg, but I didn't see anything under it=20
> that looked relevant.

So, it may just be the existence of that directory; a linux binary
doing the equivalent of "cd /usr/pkg" will wind up in different places
depending on whether /emul/linux/usr/pkg exists.

Perhaps the easiest test would be to see whether creating that dir on
the working machine breaks acroread (and likewise for any likely
subdirs, if that's not it).

--
Dan.

--qdXEecL5KnboUGfM