Subject: Re: printing with acroread7 and cups
To: <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2005 21:37:31
In message <>, "Steven M. Bell
ovin" writes:
>>> OK.  But why don't I have to do that on my other machines?
>>Any differences in directory structure under /emul/linux between the
>>machines?  Perhaps the chdir is winding up under /emul in one case,
>>and not in another where the /emul instance of the directory doesn't
>I doubt it, though I can check -- all of the machines in question have
>suse91 installed, and I haven't touched anything there.  But I'll look;
>thanks for the suggestion.

I checked the permissions and directory names for everything under
/emul/linux on the failing machine and one where it works.  The failing
machine has /emul/linux/usr/pkg, but I didn't see anything under it
that looked relevant.  It has a few other extra directories, too, to
support some other linux applications such as firefox.  Among the
common directories, the only difference I found was that the failing
machine's /emul/linux/root was mode 700 instead of 755.  Since we
weren't running acroread as root, I doubt that that's relevant.

		--Steven M. Bellovin,