Subject: Re: Removal of "wmmail" package
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@NetBSD.org>
From: David Stipp <dstipp@coolhack.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2005 18:33:26
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 06:13:03PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> I would like to remove the "wmmail" package. It is a very old and very
> limited mail checker for use as an applet in conjuction with the
> WindowMaker X11 window manager The program seems to be unmaintained
> (the home page is gone and there is entry on "freshmeat.net") and the
> "wmbiff" provides a much more powerful alternative.
>
> Objections?

Well,

I tried to compile this on Solaris 8-10 today, and was unsuccessful. The
enviroment at work is rather strange, but I just wonder if others are
having problems compiling it?

I'll note that in the same enviroments, WMMail works fine, and checks my
Maildir's with no problem...

David

--
David Stipp <dstipp@coolhack.net>