Subject: x11/Xfixes is still broken on Solaris 10
To: None <>
From: segv <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/29/2005 12:45:55
Hi, I have just filed the following PR:

There is a whole load of gtk packages that depends on x11/Xfixes, so I think
it's important for this to get fixed. I just don't seem to be able to build
this package from current pkgsrc, I tried

1. setting PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/opt/pkg32/lib/pkgconfig in my mk.conf
2. Adding fixes from this patch to
x11/Xfixes/ 3. Installing x11/fixesext from pkgsrc and running 'bmake
clean' and 'bmake package' in x11/Xfixes again 4. Setting
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/pkg32/lib/pkgconfig and 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH'

Nothing seems to work, the build keeps failing with

checking for fixesext >= 2.0... sh: gnome-config: not found
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package fixesext was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you
should add the directory containing `fixesext.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable No package 'fixesext' found configure: error: Library
requirements (fixesext >= 2.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so
pkg-config can find them. *** Error code 1

bmake: stopped in /opt/pkgsrc/x11/Xfixes
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /opt/pkg32.obj/x11/Xfixes/work/.work.log
*** Error code 1

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try in order to build this
package? Thanks.