Subject: a wrapper question
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2005 09:24:34
I have a basic question about the wrapper framework.  On solaris
devel/nss thinks you are using SunPRO compilers even though I'm using
gcc on my solaris-2.9 box.  Is the correct approach to modify the
package to try to use gcc options and then the wrapper framework can
translate that to what SunPRO would want if you're on a system with the
SunPRO compilers?  Or should wrapper/transform-solaris-gcc be expanded
to try and translate the SunPRO flags to those that gcc likes?  I guess
the problem is that you don't want to apply transform-solaris-gcc in
this case when the build system for some package is already using gcc flags.

Thanks for any clarifications.

-Dan