Subject: Re: override MASTER_SITES and using local directory
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/25/2005 09:07:07
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Is there any way to override the MASTER_SITES (such as on a one-time
> basis) without editing Makefile?
>
> I'd like to set something like:
> OVERRIDE_MASTER_SITES=ftp://ftp.example.foo/..../distfiles/
>
> Or is there any way to make it always use MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?

MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE is what you want, I think.  It used to be that
setting MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE prevented the usual MASTER_SITES from
being used, but I think that's no longer the case.  I know I hacked my
bsd.pkg.mk a long time ago to try MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE (unsorted), then
the usual MASTER_SITES (sorted according to MASTER_SORT and friends),
and finally MASTER_SITE_BACKUP (unsorted).  I think something similar is
now part of the standard bsd.pkg.mk.

--apb (Alan Barrett)