Subject: Re: override MASTER_SITES and using local directory
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/25/2005 00:04:54
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Is there any way to override the MASTER_SITES (such as on a one-time basis)
> without editing Makefile?
> I'd like to set something like:
> Or is there any way to make it always use MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?

For external sites, MASTER_SORT works.  I have in my mk.conf:

followed later by (trimmed to only the relative entries):

which will put at the top of the list to try first *always*,
regardless of what the package's MASTER_SITES says.

(Incidentally, I actually have "" at the top of my MASTER_SORT,
allowing me to add an internal http server for cached distfiles for machines
other than where the cache lives.)

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>