Subject: packaging non-packageable items?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2005 10:37:51
I had an occasion recently to add a pre-compiled audit-package to a host
which didn't have a compiler or pkgsrc installed ... and was immediately
brought up short by a dependancy for digest ...

When I tried to package digest on my compile box I was told it wasn't
packageable but was able to get around that by manually copying
/usr/pkg/bin/digest, /usr/pkg/man/man1/digest.1 and the content of
/var/db/pkg/digest-<blah> and everything seemed cool ...

My question is - did I miss something in this manual copy? And even if
not, why is digest set as not packageable?  If this can't/shouldn't be
packageable, what is the "standard" way of getting around this sort of
problem?

If it helps, I'm using pkgsrc-2005Q2 ...

--
Malcolm Herbert
Computer Support Officer