Subject: Re: pkgsrc on IRIX...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/14/2005 19:38:14
--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

Stuart Shelton <stuart@zeus.com> wrote:
=20
> Seriously, though - do you know what machine/OS/compiler suite these
> packages are compiled with?  I guess they're probably gcc rather than
> MIPSpro - which is fine of course, but it'd be great to be able to
> confirm that packages do build with the OS' own compiler.

Actually, the packages are built with MIPSPro 7.41.

> > bmake: "/usr/bsd/src/x11/fox/Makefile" line 22: warning: String compari=
son operator should be either =3D=3D or !=3D
> > bmake: "/usr/bsd/src/x11/fox/Makefile" line 22: Malformed conditional (=
(${OPSYS} =3D=3D "NetBSD") && (${OS_VERSION:R} < 3))
> > bmake: "/usr/bsd/src/x11/fox/Makefile" line 22: Missing dependency oper=
ator
> > bmake: "/usr/bsd/src/x11/fox/Makefile" line 24: if-less endif
> > bmake: "/usr/bsd/src/x11/fox/Makefile" line 24: Need an operator
> > bmake: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>=20
> Oops...

Hmm.  If this is still the case in the latest version, then this needs
to be fixed.  Could you (did you) send-pr this?

> > printf string <LI><STRONG> apache\\&lt;1.3.14 has a re ... too long
> > Input record number 82410, file /tmp/mkreadme/database
> > Source line number 369
> > Error:  genreadme.awk failed to create README.html files
> > *** Error code 1
> >=20
> > Stop.
>=20
> Hmm - now I'm wondering if this is an OS issue again.  IRIX seems to
> want to only accept a very small number of command-line arguments, and
> I'm not sure how (or if) I can alter this.  For example, doing a "grep
> foo *" in a directory with even only a few hundred items will result in
> "Arg list too long".  Is this limit perhaps being reached here?

Most likely.  We've been trying to work around such OS limitations, but
occasionally there are some bugs to iron out left.  This is during 'make
readme', right?  Again, this probably should be submitted as a PR, to
make sure that it gets addressed and not forgotten.

> Finally, gettext-0.11.5nb5:
>=20
> > cc-1054 cc: ERROR File =3D po-lex.c, Line =3D 517
> >   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
> >=20
> >                     po_gram_error (_("invalid multibyte sequence"));
> >                                                                   ^
>=20
> > cc-1054 cc: ERROR File =3D po-lex.c, Line =3D 544
> >   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
> >=20
> >   incomplete multibyte sequence at end of file"));
> >                                                 ^
>=20
> > cc-1054 cc: ERROR File =3D po-lex.c, Line =3D 1049
> >   There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.
> >=20
> >                                            _("end-of-line within string=
"));
> >                                                                        =
  ^
>=20
> Any clues on this one?

Hmm, strange.  I don't get this error on IRIX64 6.5.23f with CC 7.41.

-Jan

--=20
``Deepest mind in the galaxy, apparently, and you still express yourself
like a day-tripper with a dog-eared phrase book. 'I hope right you are.'
Break me a fucking give.'' -- Anthony Lane on Yoda in Star Wars III

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--