Subject: Re: Problem with filename case conversion in packages...
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2005 17:09:36
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:

> > It's quite appropriate for the default unzip args to remove CRs and
> > case-fold names.  This is because a vast quantity of zipped sourcefiles are
>
> Yes, but then shouldn't other work against the same archive also
> case-fold names?  In particular, while extraction does case-fold
> the names, patching seems to go back to the archive and not
> case-fold.

Hm, no, patching happens against the files you have sitting on your
filesystem.  The "patch" phase of pkgsrc happens after "extract".  Once
extracted, the distfile is never consulted again for the build.

I'd like to see an example that demonstrates what you're seeing.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>