Subject: Re: Problem with filename case conversion in packages...
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2005 22:31:12
In article <20050813194934.GA10098@olib.org> Richard wrote:
: > It's quite appropriate for the default unzip args to remove CRs and
: > case-fold names.  This is because a vast quantity of zipped sourcefiles are

: Yes, but then shouldn't other work against the same archive also
: case-fold names?  In particular, while extraction does case-fold
: the names, patching seems to go back to the archive and not
: case-fold.

  I don't know how you got that impression, but it's wrong.  Patching
is done against the extracted files, not against the archive.  So if
the files are extracted with case-folded names, the patches use those
case-folded names, too.

: I.e., shouldn't pkgsrc be consistent about this?

  It should and it is.

						yours,
						dillo