Subject: Re: Problem with filename case conversion in packages...
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/13/2005 11:22:22
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Of course, now I have to convert the patches all back to mixed-case,
> including the diffed-against-/dev/null Makefile.

You can put brand-new files into a "files" subdirectory of the package,
rather than creating a new-file patch, and then use the following to put it
in the source tree:

post-extract:
	${CP} ${FILESDIR}/Makefile ${WRKSRC}/

(...or similar.)

> Should I still see this as a pkgsrc bug(let), or should I consider
> this an acceptable solution to the problem?

It's quite appropriate for the default unzip args to remove CRs and
case-fold names.  This is because a vast quantity of zipped sourcefiles are
using DOS line endings and uncased or upper case names in the files, while
"FOO.H" is included via "#include <foo.h>".

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>