Subject: Re: increase datasize resource limit
To: Geert Hendrickx <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/11/2005 06:29:48
-On [20050810 17:59], Geert Hendrickx ( wrote:
>I had the same thing, and the error in the Java Console said to set sysctl
>net.inet6.ip6.v6only=0.  That worked for me.

That should not be a solution.  That's only about IPv4 endpoints being
addressable through IPv6 addresses (::, the 0 setting means you
reenabled them, this is RFC compliant, but security-wise an issue).

Why do I get the feeling a lot of OSS projects have little clue how to
properly write applications that use IPv4/IPv6.

Does this also work for you:"true"

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
A wise man that walks in the dark with a blindfold on, is not much of a
wise man...