Subject: jdk14 native bootstrap (Re: native java browser plugin)
To: None <pkgsrc-wip-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/2005 13:38:33
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 05:27:43PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Next thing on my (personal) todo list is to add the possibility to use
> wip/jdk14 itself to bootstrap wip/jdk14 (atm lang/sun-jdk14 is required,
> but in theory it should be possible to get rid of it after the initial
> build of wip/jdk14).

This seems to work quite well.  I'm now wondering how I should implement
this in pkgsrc.  Simply use the native jdk14 when it's found (code for this
is currently commented out in the Makefile), or make it an option?  In that
case, what would be the default?  Using the native jdk14 should give an
error if it's not yet installed.  I could make it an option only if it's
found, or change the default if it's found.  How can I handle this best?

GH