Subject: Re: pkgsrc on FreeBSD 6.0
To: Lars Nordlund <>
From: Lars Nordlund <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2005 00:01:17
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:52:30 +0200
Lars Nordlund <> wrote:

> Hello
> I have a freshly installed beta of FreeBSD 6.0 which I am running
> pkgsrc on. I have run into the following things so far:

.. And another strange issue:

even though I specify another pkgdb (/usr/pkg/pkgdb) directory it still
uses /var/db/pkg and /var/db/pkg.refcount after a while. What I have
seen so far the digest will be recorded in the bootstrapped pkgdb dir,
but the rest of the packages are put into /var/db/pkg. I have not found
out the reason behind this. I am currently suspecting pkg_admin but it
might also me the freebsd pkg_* tools messing with pkgsrc.

Best regards
	Lars Nordlund