Subject: Debugging a buildlink wrapper problem?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/07/2005 12:00:56
I'm trying to help Geert get the jdk14 package working, and I have
this puzzle:

/usr/pkgsrc/wip/jdk14/work/.wrapper/bin/g++
-I/usr/pkg/include/mozilla/nspr <other-flags-snipped> foo.cpp

The above command gives me a missing header error for a header
which *absolutely* exists in the specified 'nspr' directory.
In other words:  the error is completely bogus.  But why?

I found by trial-and-error that if I don't use the wrapper
for g++ and invoke g++ directly, like this:

/usr/bin/g++  -I/usr/pkg/include/mozilla/nspr <snip> foo.cpp

then the header is found and the compile is successful.

I've looked at .wrapper/bin/g++ trying to puzzle out what is
going wrong -- but it's just too confusing.

Can anyone suggest what part of such a wrapper might make an
include directory (apparently) invisible like this?

(I see the word 'DEBUG' in the wrapper file, but I don't know
how to invoke debugging, or whether it would be helpful.)

Thanks for any clues!