Subject: how to handle dynamic config-file generation?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/07/2005 13:46:42
I'm creating a package for a program which wants to auto-generate its
config file after "make install".  It first checks whether the config file
(in ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}) exists, and if not, generates a quite generic (not
at all host-specific) example config file.  How should I handle this in
pkgsrc?

Should I let this package create files in ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}, or not?  This
will of course not work with pkg_add.  Maybe I could pre-generate the file
and put in in files/ (since it's really generic), and have the package
install that in share/examples/*.

What do you think?

GH