Subject: Re: Installation problems with useradd
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/05/2005 09:16:09
Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Obviously something has been changed in pkgsrc/mk as the postfix
> Makefile is
> from last week...
>

> ===> Installing for postfix-2.2.5
> Creating user: User
> useradd: group /var/spool/postfix not found
> The following users need to be created for postfix-2.2.5:
>
>         User: /var/spool/postfix, /nonexistent, /sbin/nologin

Oops. Thanks looks like my change. ;) I just fixed it in
mk/install/bsd.pkginstall.mk.

I had not taken into account that PKG_USERS and PKG_GROUPS bevahe
different when used in the following shell constructs.

eval set -- ${PKG_USERS} ;
while ${TEST} $$# -gt 0; do ...

$$pkg_users=${PKG_USERS:Q}; for i in $$pkg_users; do ...

I reverted my change. But I think the line
     PKG_USERS?= postfix:postfix::Postfix\\ User:${POSTFIX_QUEUE_DIR}
should rather look like
     PKG_USERS?= postfix:postfix::Postfix\ User:${POSTFIX_QUEUE_DIR:Q}
which I find far more intuitive. PKG_USERS is then a normal "external
list", as defined by the pkgsrc guide. Currently it is of some weird
undefined data type.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/makefile.html#makefile.variables

Roland