Subject: Re: Firefox won't start
To: None <lgj1107@gmail.com>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@netilium.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2005 17:45:20
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:37:27 +0200
Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com> wrote:

> > When starting, firefox generates a GNOME Warning:
> >
> > Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped in
> > calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
>
> FWIW, I get that all the time but it still starts though.
>
> --
> / Peter Schuller, InfiDyne Technologies HB
>
> PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
> Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
> E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org

Hello,

I also get this all the time on amd64, and it usually opens up the window.
However Firefox never opens the window when I ctrl-z, bg while
it is starting up. Doing firefox & works.
Try this:
1) remove your ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/compreg.dat
2) mv .mozilla .mozilla.old
3) xhost +; firefox; xhost -; firefox (yes, strange, but it has helped me before)

-Tobias