Subject: Re: Inclusion of perl core modules in pkgsrc
To: Roman Kulik <kuli0020@umn.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/01/2005 09:56:54
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Roman Kulik wrote:

> Does anyone know what the criteria of adding a core Perl module to the pkgsrc
> repository?  Because some Perl core modules are not present in pkgsrc (like
> p5-Test-Harness), while other core Perl modules are in current packages
> collection (for example: p5-CGI, p5-Test-Simple, p5-Module-CoreList).  One
> possible criteria I can think of is a version of Perl that the core module
> was first included with.  Is there something special about these core modules
> for which packages are present in pkgsrc?

I am not sure if I understood this correctly.

I assume the perl modules in pkgsrc were added because a pkgsrc developer
needed them (or were asked to add them).

That reminds me I need to move p5-HTML-Latex from pkgsrc-wip to pkgsrc.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/