Subject: library issue on Linux (Debian 3.1)
To: None <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2005 00:43:16
I am facing the following library issue on Debian 3.1 Linux with
wip/linphone (for which I happen to be the maintainer :-/), but it might
not necessarily packet-related:
Compiling breaks with a message that the compiler cannot find the
library for -lSM. Further investigation shows that the system does have and, but not in  /usr/X11R6/lib (and
consequently linked by x11-links and by buildlink for the working
Adding manually a link (and,, for which the
same applies) in the .buildlink/lib temporary directory works around
this issue.
Now, could anyone shed some light into this problem? Is it Debian's
fault for not installing the links? Is it a compiler issue for not
finding the libs anyway, or is it an issue of the package/Linphone code?

The funny thing is that when doing just bmake configure and then
manually issuing a make in the working directory it builds fine.

Georg Schwarz     +49 178 8545053