Subject: Re: I would like to take over the databases/metakit-lib package
To: Marc Spitzer <mspitzer@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2005 15:23:00
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> I want to takeover the metakit-lib package.  From what MAINTAINER is
> set to in the make file I am assuming it is open.  Am I right?  And I
> should stick it in wip then get it promoted, correct?

You probably do not need to maintain it in pkgsrc-wip unless you need to
practice or have a lot of changes to test first.

I'd suggest you just make your changes directly to
pkgsrc/databases/metakit-lib and provide any diff -u or new files via
send-pr (or maybe via this mailing list but might be overlooked).

Thanks for your offer to maintain this.

I don't knowingly use the software myself, but I may be able to help.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/