Subject: Re: slow builds on interix
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Schleifer <js@h3c.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2005 23:34:12
Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi> wrote:

> I just tried pkgsrc on Interix today. However, there seems to be
> something wrong with my setup, because pkgsrc builds seem very slow.

Hm, I think I've seen similar things on Linux as well:
I tried pkgsrc on Linux because I thougt it would be nice to have pkgsrc
on all systems, but I realized that pkgsrc was slow like hell. I use
CRUX Linux and CRUX' Ports system compiled a lot faster than pkgsrc. I
haven't benchmarked it, but it felt slow like hell with pkgsrc.

That's odd. So maybe it's not a Interix-specific problem but a generic
problem? Hm, maybe I should benchmark on my NetBSD system, maybe it's
faster there without pkgsrc as well? If I did so, I'll post again.

PS: It can be that I only fancy it, so I'm going to benchmark it ASAP -
on NetBSD and Linux ;).

--
Jonathan