Subject: Re: missing {LOCALBASE}/bin/python?
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/22/2005 19:34:35
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> system. Do I have to manually create a link python ->
> python${PY_VER_SUFFIX} or is there a magical way of doing this by means
> of setting an optional pkgsrc variable?

We used to have a python package that simply created the
${PREFIX}/bin/python symlink to real PYTHONBIN.

This was removed on Jan. 30; the following is from cvs commit message:

   "... In order to preserve a similar behavior to this one using the
   new framework, start by installing pkg_alternatives. Then just open
   its manpage, scroll down to the EXAMPLES section, Applying filters
   subsection, and follow the (rather short) directions given there."

I have not tried it myself though.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/