Subject: Re: patch for multimedia/gnome2-media for lrint(3)
To: Johnny Lam <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/2005 12:00:11
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Johnny Lam wrote:

> I would much rather we patch the configure.{in,ac} file to add a feature test
> and modify the source files accordingly, than do this type of awful
> ${OPSYS}-version checking.  We can feed these types of patches back to the
> GNOME project.

Okay. That sounds fine. I don't use gnome2-media myself. And I was trying
a quick workaround.

I re-added the maintainer back to this CC.

The PR is #30139
It is over two months old.

I filed a bugs with gnome a couple weeks ago but it has been ignored:

I found some example code in the libsndfile source for checking for lrint.
I don't know if the standard macros have proper tests for it.

I will let someone else explore this.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links