Subject: Re: Bogus graphviz dependencies?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/2005 12:05:29
On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 12:11:19PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   I got stopped by kdevelop-base wanting graphviz.  graphviz does
>   not have a standard acceptable license for the default pkgsrc
>   LICENSES.  So it stops you cold.
>
> Make sure you have 1.37 of pkgsrc/graphics/graphviz/Makefile; the
> setting of LICENSE is gone since the license is CPL (an OSI-approved
> license).

I had updated pkgsrc pretty recently.  I guess not recently enough.

Still, as a matter of policy, it looks like this was put in as a
dependency when it should not have been put in.  Maybe it's fine
now, but back when 1.36 of the graphviz Makefile was current, this
was a bad decision.  I am nearly certain that graphviz is at least
as up to date as any of the KDE junk insofar as pkgsrc support is
concerned.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.  (^&  I'm hesitant to update pkgsrc,
right now, owing to the likely massive rebuilds of applications.
(I did, after all, just install KDE...and kdevelop just finished
building.)