Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/AiSSLtelnet
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2005 13:05:23
On Tue 19 Jul 2005 at 11:42:41 +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
> In article <20050719041450.8024B2DA27@cvs.netbsd.org> Krister wrote:
> : The sources assume <malloc.h> exists.  Create a fake one for platforms
> : that don't have it.
>
>   Shouldn't we centralize support for this rather than duplicating it
> in N Makefiles?  Maybe a NEEDS_MALLOC_H or USE_MALLOC_H which triggers
> the creation in mk/bsd.*.mk?

<malloc.h> is not a standard header file. Never has been. Any program
requiring it is plain broken. Don't "fix" such a program by adding a
header file, fix it by patching it to use <stdlib.h> instead (and feel
free to send a cross email to the author).

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.