Subject: Re: Pending perl changes
To: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/15/2005 23:26:43
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Geoff Wing wrote:

> Fair enough.  It would be nice if that path was added to src/etc/man.conf
> so we're not installing ``hidden'' man pages for people.  People can "man -a"
> if they need to.
>
> I've never used perldoc.  How am I supposed to find it in
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/bin?

Huh?  It's in /usr/pkg/bin here, at least with 5.8.6nb6.  If it's moving to
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/bin, that is Bad.  The perl* utility programs belong in
$PREFIX/bin, and I see no reason to move them.

(In any case, perldoc has a syntax sort of similar to man(1) but with
Perl-specific options and the ability to specify a pod-documented file
explicitly.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>