Subject: firefox
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/2005 00:37:18
Hi.

I recently installed firefox 1.0.4 via the installer in mozilla.org homepage.

Opening two tabs on it and closing them fires up the resources consumption up to
>143M, mainly anonymous memory. After that firefox shows the dialog asking about
"you have more than one tab open, still want to close?" but it didn't crash.
Would be that a problem from the emulation layer or the firefox binary?

A budy suscribed to the NAS list told me that flash can't look good in a remote
NCD X-terminal in 16 bits color, but here flash looks pretty fine.

There is no useful package on the mozilla.org ftp, there is a netbsd binary on
contrib but flash won't run on it, firefox-bin-nightly pkgsrc package can't get
the distfiles.

There is a package for java desktop at mozilla ftp, but it didn't work for me.

César Catrián C.