Subject: Re: LD_PRELOAD and firefox-bin-linux
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n_C=2E?= <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2005 21:30:30
On Wed 06 Jul 2005 at 17:43:24 -0400, César Catrián C. wrote:
> Which is the right way to go?

Supposing the linux firefox script is the same as on NetBSD, you should
put the LD_PRELOAD setting in there, just before the line similar to

exec /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/firefox-bin "$@"

If you put it anywhere earlier, all other binaries that are used, such
as sh in your example, will also be influenced. Furtermore, since we're
talking Linux binaries, you should most likely specify the path relative
to the Linux emulation root: without /emul/linux.

(note that I can't try this right now so you'll have to do that)

> César Catrián C.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!