Subject: x11-links for native
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2005 11:24:50
I have under /usr/X11R6 and using native x11-links failed when
building gtk2 and also qt3-tools:

   ld: cannot find -lXfixes

IS_BUILTIN.Xfixes and USE_BUILTIN.Xfixes are both "yes"; and PREFER.Xfixes
is "native". So I looked closer:

work/.buildlink/.buildlink_Xfixes_done was empty. Also zero bytes are
work/.buildlink/.buildlink_fixesext_done and

As a work-around, I added .include "../../x11/Xfixes/" to the
pkgtools/x11-links/ file and then added a
pkgtools/x11-links/files/xfree.Xfixes file:

# $NetBSD$

(Maybe probably should add lib/libXfixes.3.dylib and
lib/libXfixes.3.0.dylib and lib/libXfixes.dylib but didn't test myself.)

I reinstalled the x11-links after change.

Anyways, has anyone worked on adding native Xorg support for x11-links?

Probably checking for ${X11BASE}/lib/X11/config/xorgversion.def could be
used for using a (to be done).

Or maybe all the Xorg add-ons should just be added to the because
files will be skipped if not installed.

Can someone test the above work-around with XFree86 as native /usr/X11R6?

If okay, I will just add the needed parts to the x11-links/

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links