Subject: what provides python module _bsddb? and could not import ORBit module
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2005 17:31:24
I am trying to update gramps, but I have a failure:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/gramps/gramps.py", line 81, in ?
     import gramps_main
   File "/usr/share/gramps/gramps_main.py", line 56, in ?
     import GrampsBSDDB
   File "/usr/share/gramps/GrampsBSDDB.py", line 36, in ?
     from bsddb import dbshelve, db
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/bsddb/__init__.py", line 47, in ?
     import _bsddb
ImportError: No module named _bsddb

What provides python module _bsddb?

I also tried installing databases/py-bsddb3 but no change.

I am guessing my python24 package is not complete, but I am not sure yet
how to tell. (It did package fine.)

I am not sure how to turn on any debugging or troubleshoot python errors.

On another system, running gramps fails with:

Fatal Python error: could not import ORBit module
Aborted

(This is under Linux and LOCALBASE is /usr as I have used for a couple
years.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/