Subject: mysql-client does not build on solaris 8: openssl
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Bourgin <pierre.bourgin@pcotech.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/04/2005 08:36:31
hello,

I'm unable to build database/mysql-client on solaris 8 (pkgsrc 2005Q2 as of
20050626).

the configure script of mysql-client does not find the openssl libs and
includes.

As a quick workaround, I made the following changes (sorry for the hardcoded
path !):

% cd database/mysql-client/

% grep "NetBSD:" Makefile.common.orig
# $NetBSD: Makefile.common,v 1.43 2005/05/22 20:07:46 jlam Exp $

% diff Makefile.common.orig Makefile.common
51c51
< CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-openssl
---
 > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-openssl=/usr/pkg

should I fill a PR with this or someone can fix it "directly" ?

This problem must also affect every packages that rely on
mysql-client/Makefile.common: It depends on the way their configure script
is checking the SSL headers and libs.

Regards,

Pierre Bourgin