Subject: Re: Using devel/readline for bash (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/shells/bash)
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2005 10:16:20
-On [20050702 10:11], Martin Husemann ( wrote:
>Uhm - "took out" is not the right term; besides NetBSD has libedit.
>But this all got triggered by some exotic system like Mac OS X or whatever
>(I forgot)

Well, given it once existed for all I see in my NetBSD CVS repository. :)

It just seemed overkill, if I understood the messages correctly, to make
other systems depend on readline if they already have it present in their

And yes, Darwin/Mac OS X.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
The foolish reject what they see, not what they think; the wise reject
what they think, not what they see.