Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/perl5
To: Min Sik Kim <minskim@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/30/2005 14:18:32
Min Sik Kim wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:25 AM, Min Sik Kim wrote:
>
>> On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Johnny Lam wrote:
>>
>>> On what platform are you finding ${TOOLS_DIR} embedded in Config.pm?
>>>

>> It was Linux-2.6.10.
>

> It seems that this is a bug in Perl's Configure.  The Configure  script
> sets newsh temporarily to "/bin/ksh" when it tests if ksh  should be
> used/avoided, but later the symlink test blindly uses  $newsh.  So the
> test always fails if /bin/ksh doesn't exist, and the  external command
> "test" is selected.

Yes, I agree that this is the problem.  It is probably better to patch
the Configure script to properly unset newsh or else we may run into
additional problems later.  However, if you can just leave your solution
in place for now, that is fine.  I'm in the middle of a rather large set
of updates for Perl and Perl-related packages, so I'll just fix it my
Perl update (which I'm committing early next week).

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>