Subject: Re: apr update
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@in-nomine.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2005 21:40:53
-On [20050629 20:30], Jeremy C. Reed (reed@reedmedia.net) wrote:
>If the BUILDLINK_DEPENDS and BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED are identical, then you
>can get rid of the the BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED line.

Thanks, latest is up at http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/pkgsrc/apr.diff
for those who want to review.

Do note that I need answers to my apache questions since the entire APR
thing is an ABI maintenance issue which needs to be carefully worked out,
lest we desire breakage in some packages. ;)

There is, however, one small issue with apr (both 0.9 and 1.x) and IPv6
binding.  Subversion 1.2.0 has svnserve which now has code that, by default,
only binds to IPv6, apparently due to KAME's net.inet6.ip6.v6only set to 1
by default.  For all I know this is not needed to go wrong and is merely an
issue in APR.  However I was told that having a line like:

::1                     localhost localhost.my.domain

in /etc/hosts is the likely culprit.  This seems a bit farfetched to me.

Once again, feedback more than welcome. :)

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
To fight and conquer in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To
subdue the enemy with no fight at all, that's the highest skill...