Subject: Converting pkgsrc packages from FreeBSD ports
To: , <pkgsrc-bulk@netbsd.org>
From: Roman Kulik <romankul@hotmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2005 13:44:39

------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C57CB0.B25991F0

Since FreeBSD has more packages available then NetBSD, I'm using port2pkg
package to convert FreeBSD ports to NetBSD packages.

port2pkg first does the conversion of the port to package, and then runs
pkgling to verify if package has correct form.

I converted a few packages, all giving the same 2 warnings (see below), for
example, when. I converted package called p5-Tie-Array-Sorted-1.3

pkglint gave me the following warnings:

WARN: "$NetBSD$" expected.

even so the first line of the Makefile seems to have the correct form

 # $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.1 2005/5/5 15:26:55 kuli0020 Exp $

And another warning:

WARN: "BUILD_DEPENDS" has to appear earlier.

even so this package does not have any dependencies (and there is no DEPENDS
or BUILD_DEPENDS statements in Makefile).

Any idea how to get rid of these warnings?

Thanks for any feedback!

------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C57CB0.B25991F0

# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.1 2005/5/5 15:26:55 kuli0020 Exp $

DISTNAME=       Tie-Array-Sorted-1.3
PKGNAME=        p5-${DISTNAME}
CATEGORIES=     devel perl5
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_PERL_CPAN:=Tie/}

MAINTAINER=     tech-pkg@NetBSD.org
HOMEPAGE=       http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tie-Array-Sorted/
COMMENT=        Perl array which is kept sorted

USE_BUILDLINK3= YES
PERL5_PACKLIST= ${PERL5_SITEARCH}/auto/Tie/Array/Sorted/.packlist

include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
include "../../lang/perl5/module.mk"
include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"

------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C57CB0.B25991F0--