Subject: Re: PostgeSQL security update?
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2005 19:19:06
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:12:59AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
|postgresql74-server (version 7.4.7) has been flagged as vulnerable for a
|while now (also in pkgsrc-2005Q5), however an update (version 7.4.8) has
|been released by PostgreSQL more than a month ago.  Is anyone working on
|updating the pkgsrc package?  Are there problems with it, or is it just
|that noone has looked at it yet?  (volunteering, then)

... which raises a point I was wondering about after just starting to use
pkgsrc-2005Q2 - how do security updates get managed with this static version
of the pkgsrc tree?  should I still be able to use cvs update -dP to get
updates as one would with a 'current' pkgsrc tree?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                    System Administrator
ph [990] 54881 rm 28-241                          School of GeoSciences