Subject: USE_XEMACS=yes stalls bulk build?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/2005 14:26:50
Hi,

I am running a pkgsrc-current bulk build with USE_XEMACS=yes set in
mk.conf, and it turns out that quite a few (x)emacs-dependend
packages just hang the build until I kill the xemacs processes.

Is this a known issue with xemacs? Does anybody else run bilk builds
with USE_XEMACS=yes?

And, since this is not the only case of a package build stalling the
bulk build: Has anybody ever thought of implementing a timeout for
individual builds?

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik