Subject: Re: Port of pkgsrc to nextstep?
To: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@ahatec.de>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/22/2005 21:26:38
> <To Georg>: What libs is the irix adaption based on?
>             Im not convinced, that a pkgsrc for nextstep project is easier than the IRIX adaptation.
>             But it would be a nice project.

I took the standard IRIX 5.3 libs and header files as supplied by SGI.
There are a number of issues, but having been popular 10 years ago,
much GNU software still more or less supports it; at least the standard
stuff (OK, some needed a big of cleaning, which I then fed back to the
original authors). All right, maybe NextStep really is harder...

What is the particular problem you are facing?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053