Subject: Re: Some more GNOME 1 candidates for removal
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/15/2005 16:15:27
On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 09:27 -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> "Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:
> > 	audio/gdcd
> I take it this is no longer developed?  What is the replacement for
> this?

Yeah, no longer developed.  Since gdcd relies on GNOME, you'd use
gnome-cd that comes in gnome2-media.

Anyway, I'm sure there are more players still developed that are
lighter than gnome-cd.  A quick search showed bebocd, which only depends
on gtk2.

> > 	wm/sawfish
> Is there a problem with sawfish?  If not, then I see no reason to remove
> it.

That it depends on rep-gtk, which is not maintained.  But I see in
another post that it seems that sawfish is still developed and it can
be compiled against GNOME2, so no need to remove it.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -