Subject: lftp under macosx 10.4 do not work
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2005 23:24:41
Hi all,

I posted today a bug report about lftp under mac os x 10.4 (tiger),
#30523

A brief description of the problem:

The lftp build created two .dylib files among some .so files in /usr/
pkg/lib/lftp/3.2.1/
this breaks uninstalling, since PLIST is not respected, but also lftp
modules do not work at all.
While launching the resulting lftp, i get :

$
lftp
     ~
lftp :~> open localhost
dlopen(/usr/pkg/lib/lftp/3.2.1/proto-ftp.so, 10): Symbol not found:
__ZN6SMTask6ResumeEv
   Referenced from: /usr/pkg/lib/lftp/3.2.1/liblftp-network.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

open: ftp - not supported protocol
lftp :~> open sftp://localhost
dlopen(/usr/pkg/lib/lftp/3.2.1/proto-sftp.so, 10): Symbol not found:
__ZN6SMTask6ResumeEv
   Referenced from: /usr/pkg/lib/lftp/3.2.1/liblftp-network.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

open: sftp - not supported protocol

After send-pr, i tried to find a solution, and tried to mimic the
solution of graphics/librsvg2, and add -flat_namespace to CFLAGS, but
it didn't work either.
Something is probably wrong in the way lftp uses libtool, but i'm
really lost here.
I've searched for solution in the way other packaging systems do
under darwin, but they just drop --modules support and build a static
bin/lftp. A solution could be to do the same, but it is not very
satisfactory.

Feel free to give advices, or suggest an helpful documentation, or
even a solution

regards,
antoine