Subject: Re: distcc-gtk (now depending on the original distcc)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2005 11:06:45
I have created a new distcc-gtk from scratch, which now depends on the
existing (unmodified) distcc and gtk2, and adds a GTK+ based monitor
called distccmon-gnome + an icon and .desktop file.  No more CONFLICTS.

You can find the package in pkgsrc-wip/wip/distcc-gtk/ or on
http://lori.mine.nu:5190/pkgsrc/distcc-gtk-new.tgz .

The package compiles from the same sources as distcc, but has a custom
BUILD_TARGET, and a manually defined do-install target.

One issue though: the resulting binary is installed as distccmon-gnome,
but I would prefer to name it distcc-gtk, as it doesn't require Gnome
(it can though, optionally, but that would become a third package then).
What should I do: leave the package as is, or install the binary as
distcc-gtk, and add some patches so that the icon and .desktop file use
the -gtk name as well?

Is there any chance to get this committed before the branch?  (as now it
doesn't change the existing distcc and thus can't break anything)

GH

--
:wq